A Health Education Program is carried out on all Secondary Education levels, alongside the Department of Physical Education and other professionals from the school, such as the School Infirmary and the team of lifeguards. Its task is for students to understand the relation between understanding physical activity and exercise as concepts and their importance in their daily lives, so they acquire the capacity to integrate them in their routines, evaluating and making a critical analysis of the positive and negative effects of its implementation.
These contents are developed following a program per year and term:
1st ESO (Secondary Education):
- First Term: The concept of health.
- Second Term: Physical capacities.
- Third Term: Hygiene and proper posture.
2nd ESO (Secondary Education):.
- First Term: Health as part of exercising.
- Second Term: Sports values.
- Third Term: Injuries: prevention and basic treatment.
3rd ESO (Secondary Education):
- First Term: Nutrition and eating disorders.
- Second Term: Critical analysis of sports in society.
- Third Term: First aid.
4th ESO (Secondary Education):
- First Term: Basic exercise programming.
- Second Term: Supplements and their use.
- Third Term: Basic sports nutrition.
A safety protocol has been established on the Lab and Workshops, which includes:
- Training specialized and non-specialized personnel on their use.
- Obligatory use of safety measures and systems.
- Training of students.
Since Elementary Education students visit and work on the different Labs and Workshops in order to create a culture on the Regulations and Proper use of Labs and Workshops, in which the basic rules and use of different materials and tools are explained to students.